1. From 1888 to 1901 Ilia Chavchavadz lived and worked in his sister’s - Elizabeth Chavchavadze - Saginashvili house with his wife Olga Guramishvili in 7, Iv. Javakhishvili Str., Tbilisi. Ilia’s public, political and creative activity connected to this house for years. Besides, there was office of the newspaper "Iveria" and a print shop. The traditional party "on Thursdays” was held in this building. A number of national and cultural ideas and activities initiated from here.
2. Ilia Chavchavadze House-Museum – 22 Chubinashvili Street
Ilia Chavchavadze constructed two rooms in front of the house (architecture Simon Kldiashvili). He lived here with his wife in 1902-1907. Years living in this house were the most active of his public and political life; he began to fight for the Autocephalous of Georgian church.
3. Shio Aragvispireli House-Museum - 13a George Chubinashvili Stree
Shio Aragvispireli with his wife, the famous Pediatrician Mariam Bakradze and with their children lived and worked in 1902-1926 at this house. The writer is frequently visited by well-known public figures and writers, who are particularly active in the years of independence (1918-1921).
The museum houses life and work related different types of material of Ilia Chavchavadze, a great Georgian thinker, writer, publicist, public and political figure (1837-1907) and Shio Aragvispireli, a writer, founder of the Georgian psychological novel (1867-1926). The collection includes memorial items, personal archives, variety of publications, as well as books dedicated to their oeuvre and life-activity: scientific papers, monographs, articles, essays and documentary photographs, paintings etc.
TOTAL SPACE OF THE MUSEUM:
1643, 26 m2 (- 1274 m2)
ILIA CHAVCHAVADZE LITERARY-HOUSE MUSEUM:
ILIA CHAVCHAVADZE HOUSE-MUSEUM:
SHIO ARAGVISPIRELI HOUSE-MUSEUM:
THE MUSEUM BUILDING STATUS:
Real monument of Cultural Heritage. (The Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia, October 1, 2007 order N 3/181)
შესაბამისი დოკუმენტის წარდგენით მუზეუმში შესვლა უფასოა:
- 6 წლამდე ბავშვებისთვის;
- ICOM-ის წევრებისთვის, საქართველოსა და უცხოეთის სახელმწიფო მუზეუმების თანამშრომლებისთვის;
- შეზღუდული შესაძლებლობების მქონე პირთათვის;
- სოციალურად დაუცველი და იძულებით გადაადგილებულთათვის.